- 1kg Beef chunks
- 3 tbsp. Cranola Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Water, for boiling
- 1 Stock Cube
- 1 tbsp. Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp. Chutney
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 3 Carrots, Chopped
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp. All purpose flour
- Fresh Parsley, chopped to garnish
- Preheat oil over medium heat in your Chef Round Casserole. Add the diced onion and fry until golden brown. Add the beef cubes and garlic, stir and leave to brown the beef on both sides for +- 7 minutes.
- Add two cups of water and the stock cube, leave to cook for +- 45 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the meat is tender.
- Add the curry powder, tomato paste, chutney, thyme, salt and pepper, and combine.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, carrots, bell pepper, potatoes and one cup of water to your Casserole, and combine all the ingredients together using a wooden spoon. Cover and cook under low heat until the potatoes and carrots have softened.
- Combine the all-purpose flour and one-third cup of water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the stew and stir.
- Cook for +- 5 minutes or until the stew thickens.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and serve with homemade bread!
Chef’s Note: If the 45 minutes have passed, and the meat is tough, add an extra 1-2 extra cups of water or broth and continue cooking until it softens.
Chef’s Note: If the stew feels too dry, add 1-2 extra cups of water or broth.