CARING AND STORAGE TIPS
NOTE: Rotisserie components and braai grids must not be left exposed to the weather. If not to be used for extended periods simply coat with Chef Stainless Steel Braai Cleaner / Chef Stainless Steel Polissh. This will protect against corrosion and keep them in good working order.
How To Care For Your Chef Gas Braai
- Keeping your braai clean and dry will greatly increase its lifespan.
- Remove your coils/heat collector panels and grills before commencing to clean the unit as these items can be cleaned separately. Note that your grills are dishwasher friendly.
- Use a separate cloth for each cleaning stage so as not to mix chemicals.
- Wash the mixing bucket out before commencement of following stage.
- Chef Stainless steel cleaner and Chef Polish is available.
- Preferably wash the unit in an area where the run-off water can be disposed of easily. For Built-In braais, it would be best to disconnect the unit and move it to an area conducive for cleaning.
Interior Of Your Chef Gas Braai
- Use Chef Stainless Steel Cleaner as per instructions on the canister.
- The most important thing to do when it comes to cleaning and maintaining your gas braai is to keep your drip tray free from a build-up of fat.
- A build-up of fat can result in itself igniting and creating a hazard.
- Remove the drip tray completely from the braai and clean as above.
- Always rinse and wipe thoroughly after cleaning to avoid chemicals affecting your food when next used.
Exterior Of Your Chef Gas Braai
- Spray the exterior of your braai body once a month with Chef S/S polish.
- Do not use scourers or an abrasive scotch pad on the outside of the unit as this will leave scratch marks.
- This is an anti-corrosion preventative measure and these products effectively ‘treat’ the stainless steel body.
- Use a mild soapy water solution.
- A non-abrasive cleaning agent can be used on stubborn stains then rinsed off with water.
- Please do not remove the grease tray whilst the unit is in use.
- Please check the grease tray regularly and clean out any accumulated oil/grease.
How To Store Your Chef Gas Braai
- Storage of the appliance indoors is only permissible if the cylinder is disconnected and removed from the appliance.
- When the appliance is not to be used for a period of time, it should be stored in a protected/undercover area, safe from the natural elements.
- It is recommended that you cover your BBQ while in storage.
- Store the appliance in a clean and dry environment.
How To Store Your Gas Cylinder
- Do not store your gas cylinder(s) indoors.
- ONLY use a 9 kg gas cylinder with a 5/8” BSP left hand.
- This will match the supplied regulator.
- Cylinders must be stored in an upright position, in a well-ventilated, damp-free area away from direct sunlight or an electrical source, and out of the reach of children.