- 4 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Cups vegetable broth
- 4 Small onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Medium garlic cloves
- 250g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Fresh Bay leaves
- 3 Large springs of fresh thyme
- 2 Cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 250g Lentils
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Sauté– Over medium-high heat on the stove top, add the olive oil to your Chef Round Casserole. Add in the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes or until the carrots start to develop some browning. Add in the chopped onion and sauté until softened and reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and sauté for a further 30-60 seconds. Stir in the mushrooms and sauté until they are tender.
Note:The mushrooms do not need to be fully cooked as all the vegetables will finish cooking during simmering.
- Make the stew– Add the lentils, diced potato, tomato sauce, smoked paprika, oregano, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, vegetable broth, salt and pepper to your casserole. Using your wooden spoon, scrape any browned bits on the pan from sautéing into the soup. Cover the casserole with the lid and leave to simmer over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until both potatoes and lentils are tender.
- Serve- Remove the bay leaves and thyme before serving in your Chef Round Ramekin as a starter/ main dish. Enjoy!