Chicken & Mushroom Pie
- 60g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 300g mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 40g plain flour
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 4 ready-roasted chicken breasts, cubed
- 150 ml double cream
- 250g packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sprigs of thyme, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cream and season.
- Spoon into four ovenproof dishes and top with circles of pastry. Trim the edges and brush with the beaten egg. Top each with a sprig of thyme. Bake for 15 minutes until risen.
- Serve your chicken and mushroom pies, still warm from the oven with a big spoon of creamy mash potatoes and minted peas.