Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 c. butter (softened)
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoonsvanilla extract
- 21/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Ice cream & chocolate syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Lightly grease oven-safe skillet.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer beat butter for 1 minute on medium speedy until the butter is smooth and creamy. Add granulated and brown sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla on high speeduntil completely combined, scraping sides of bowl down if needed.
- In a seperate, medium sized bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch and baking soda until combined. Slowly mix into wet ingredients until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared skillet. Baked for 35 minutes or until it is browned on the edges and light browned on the top.
- Cool cookie for 5 – 10 minutes and serve. You can top it with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup if desired.