- 1kg White Bread Wheat Flour
- 10ml Salt
- 60g Margarine
- 10ml Sugar
- 10g Instant dry yeast
- 650ml Lukewarm water
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt together. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add in the sugar and yeast.
- Slowly, add water to the mix to have a soft dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and turn out dough on the floured surface.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover tightly with cling wrap. Leave the bowl to rest in a warm place for 15 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and turn out dough on the floured surface. Knead until the dough is smooth. Use your hands to shape the dough into a smooth round loaf.
- Grease your Chef Round Casserole and place the dough inside. Cover the Casserole with a cloth and let it stand in a warm place for about half an hour or until the dough has risen well.
- Lightly brush the top of the dough with water and bake for +-40 minutes.
- Remove the Casserole from the oven and allow to cool down before serving.