Honey Garlic Prawns
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 lb thawed uncooked prawns (peeled, deveined and tails removed)
- 1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- Chopped green onion or chives for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together.
- Place the prawns in a zipped-top bag or a bowl with a lid. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, stir to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade. We’ll use it when cooking the prawn.
- Preheat the oil in a Chef skillet or in a Chef Griddle over medium-high heat. Drain the prawn then place it in the skillet.
- Cook the prawns on one side until pink, about 1 minute, and then turn them over.
- Pour in the reserved marinade and cook it all until prawns is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve the prawns topped with the cooked marinade sauce and garnish with green onion or chives if desired. Tastes great served over rice and broccoli.