- Dash of oil, enough to cover the base of your potjie
- 1 kg Lamb, do not de-bone
- 2 Large onions, chopped
- Potatoes, Carrots, Baby marrows, Green Beans, Mushrooms, sliced in chunks
- 2 tbsp. Ginger and Garlic paste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 400g can Diced Tomatoes
- Bay leaves
- Place your Round Casserole Dish on the coals and heat the oil in the dish.
- Add and fry your onions until soft.
- Add the lamb, ginger, garlic paste and brown until golden on all sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Add the carrots, diced tomatoes, potatoes and bay leaves once your meat is brown.
- Leave to simmer with the lid on for a 1 hour.
- Add the baby marrows, green beans and mushrooms and simmer for another 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the Casserole from the heat and serve with rice or homemade bread. Enjoy!
Tip: If you feel your fire is too hot and your meat is burning, simply add a dash of wine or water.Dowload Recipe pdf