- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (a generous tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh cream (200 ml)
- 100g butter
- 90 – 150g sugar
- 1/3 cup hot water (90 ml)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
For the Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a Chef rectangular dish.
- Beat or whip the sugar and eggs. Beat until thick, then add the jam and mix through.
- Melt the butter, then add the melted butter and vinegar to the wet mixture.
- Sieve, or simply mix together: the flour, soda and salt. Add this mixture with the milk to the egg mixture in a mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Pour mixture into a Chef rectangular dish and bake until the pudding is brown and well-risen for 30 – 45 minutes.
- In a Chef Sauce pan, melt together the ingredients for the sauce, and stir well. Pour it over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Leave to stand awhile before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or custard. – Optional: divide mixture and bake in Chef Ramekins.