- 50 black mussels
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 30g butter
- 50ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 250ml dry white wine
- 2ml salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100ml fresh cream
- Soak mussels in fresh, cold water for 30 minutes.
- Scrub shells clean and pull off the beard.
- Sauté onion and garlic in heated butter in potjie until transparent.
- Add parsley, heated wine, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add cleaned mussels, cover with lid and simmer for about 5 minutes until the mussels have opened.
- Discard any mussels that have failed to open.
- Add cream and heat through.
- Sprinkle with more chopped parsley and serve.