- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 Large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash fresh cilantro and fresh parsley, chopped
- In your Chef Skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pepper and onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and allow to cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the tin of tomatoes and break them using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Make small wells in sauce using your wooden spoon and carefully crack eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for another 6 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your preference.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley and enjoy!
Chef’s Tips: Shakshuka is mostly enjoyed with feta, fresh pita or topped with crumbled feta!